Sunday, May 2, 2010

Pneumonia

Sorry for the gigantic lack of updates. The reasons are two-fold. Firstly, everyone is so nice to me on peds that I feel like there is nothing interesting to report. I mean, it seems writing everyday that everyone loves me and gives me respect would bore most people. It's only funny when I'm getting abused. I miss surgery. Second, this happened:

Medical Student: Hello small child and family with pneumonia! I see you were just seen yesterday in the emergency department and given amoxicillin. 
Small Child: (all cutesy) mmmhmmm! (big smile) (little cough)
Medical Student: Aww, how cute, here is a sticker of mickey mouse!
Small Child: Yay! Thanks! (cutesy smile)
Medical Student: What a polite little girl! Now open wide for me!
Small Child: Okay! (coughs in my face)
Medical Student: (!#$^%@) 
Small Child: (cutesy smile) sorry...
Mom: Oh, I'm sorry...
Medical Student: (you can take sorry and shove it...) That's okay! Here is another mickey sticker!
Small Child: Yay!!

So, yes, I have been sick all week and weekend. I did not know it was humanly possible to shed this much mucus onto the earth. I wish I could extract all my goblet cells. Also, I don't care if that was gross. Suffer with me!

6 comments:

  1. Hey...one down, 1024142 to go. might as well start early.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what I always wonder about doctors...how do they keep from getting sick all the time when they spend all day working with sick people?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree, Alina. thanks for the update-- I thoroughly enjoy your stories:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy your stories too.Thanks for sharing:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thats why you cant do peds!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peds is a totally different world. I was so used to being abused in Emergency Medicine that going to Peds--the land of SUPER nice people who want to respect you, listen to you, give you smiles, offer you slurpees from the machine in the department--was bizarre. They were almost TOO happy...

    ReplyDelete