Wednesday, January 13, 2010

General Surgery - Day 1

Well, to be quite honest, I am starting this blog already half way through my 3rd year of medical school. I'm done with my Medicine, OB and Psych rotations. I never really felt compelled to tell anyone anything about what's been happening to me in medical school until I started surgery. Now, not unlike the surgeons I am working with, I feel that I am the center of the world and everyone needs to know what is happening to me. So here was my orientation to the hospital I am doing surgery at:

Me and fellow student: "Hello, we are here for the surgery rotation."
Surgeon: "Have you had an orientation yet?"
Us: "No."
Surgeon: "Well, basically this is what you need to know: (pointing at me) You suck, (pointing at fellow student) and you suck."
Us: "Yes, thank you."

So hopefully this thing works out. Now, off to 30 hour call!

No comments:

Post a Comment