Monday, April 12, 2010

I don't know

Peds. Gotta love those kids.

Medical Student: Hello little 5 year old girl! How did you get this bump on your leg?
Child: (excitedly) I was asleep and then my friend woke me up and then... and then... and then... (big breaths, getting more excited) I was just jumping on her spongebob pillow and then she pushed me off and then I fell on a sharp thing and then I pulled it out all by myself!
Medical Student: (jotting down everything) Wow! How did you do that?
Child: Do what?
Medical Student: Pull out the sharp thing!
Child: Huh?
Medical Student: You fell down on a sharp thing right?
Child: Yeah!
Medical Student: After you fell off the spongebob pillow...
Child: What? No!!!!
Medical Student: Okay... Then what happened?
Child: I don't remember!! I was sleeping silly!

I love it when you write out a whole H&P and then get to write a big "X" through it.

*There was nothing wrong with this kid (no concussion, brain damage etc.) she was just being her five year old self.

2 comments:

  1. With your patience with kids, you'd make be a perfect match for Peds.

    Forget what I said. Just go into Derm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are hilarious aren't they? love kids! OB-GYN for me =)

    ReplyDelete