Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Learn from the best

As I go through medical school I like to see what I want to incorporate into the way I practice medicine by watching those who have gone before me. For instance, humor:

Attending: Well, you haven't been taking your medication, you aren't changing your diet, you aren't exercising and you aren't losing weight. Your kidney function is failing. It looks like you are going to have to start dialysis if you can't get with the picture.
Patient: What? Oh no! I don't want to do that. My children would just die!
Attending: No, you would be the one who dies. (chuckles)
Patient: ("I don't find that funny" stare)
Attending: (continues to chuckle)

I'm learning so much!

3 comments:

  1. haha thats awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even know what I would do if my physician said that to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA! Keep these awesome stories comin! They make my day:)

    ReplyDelete